Upma is a very old traditional South Indian recipe but it has now come a long way with lot of variations in itself. At present it can be said as the most loved low fat healthy breakfast. Lets here prepare a nutritionist and tasty Upma in less time.
* 3 tbsp Oil
* 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai
* 1/2 tsp Caraway Seeds / Kalonji
* 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Zeera
* 1 pinch Asafetida / Hing
* 1 dozen Curry Leaves
* 1 Fresh Red Chili
* 1 Medium sized Carrot
* 1 Medium sized Onion
* 1 Cup Semolina / Suji
* Salt to taste
* 1/2 Cup Peas
* 1 Medium sized Bell pepper / Shimla Mirch
* 3 Cups Water
* 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves / Dhania
1. Heat Oil and then add into it Mustard Seeds, Caraway Seeds, Cumin Seeds, Curry Leaves along with cut Red Chilies.
2. Let all this to crackle and within 30 seconds add the chopped Onions along with chopped Carrot.
3. Now after sautéing them for about 7 minutes add the Semolina into it.
4. Along with that add Salt, Peas and Bell pepper.
5. Again sauté every thing for about 8 minutes on a medium heat,stirring occasionally.
6. Now add water and keep on cooking till the water completely dries out and the Upma doesn’t stick to your spatula.
7. Garnish with Coriander Leaves.
8. Serve hot.