- 3 Cups All purpose flour / Maida
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- Salr ro taste
- 1/2 tsp Nigella / Kalonji
- 1/2 tsp Coarsely ground Peppercorn
- 1 tbsp Dry Fenugreek leaves / Kasuri Methi
- 4 tbsp Oil
- Water as much required
- Vegetable oil or clarified butter / Ghee
- Mix all the above ingredients together till the flour turns flaky or into bread crumbs.
- Then adding water as much required make a stiff dough.
- Now keep it covered aside for about 20 minutes to set.
- After this pinch out a small lemon size portion of the dough and make it flat on your palm.
- Make pricks on it with a fork or knife.
- Now in hot ghee or oil add them about 4 to 5 and fry on a low heat so they get evenly fried both inside and outside.
- Also tilt them upside down in between.
- Within 5 minutes strain out the Methi Mathri nice golden brown in color.
- You can keep the Mathri s stored in an air tight container at a cool place for about a month.