Ideally made in winters and eat till summers.its high in vitamin C and Vitamin A.
* 1 Kg Gooseberry / Amla
* Alum Powder / Phitkari
* 750 gm Sugar
* 1/4 tsp Black Salt
* 1/4 tsp Cinnamon / Dalchini
* 1/4 tsp Black Pepper / Kali Mirch
* 1/2 tsp Black Cardamom / Badi Elachip
* 1/2 tsp Green Cardamom/ Hari Elachi
* 3 Claves / Laung
1. Wash and clean the Gooseberries and then pierce them deep inside with the help of a fork or knife.
2. Now take a vessel full of hot boiling water and into it add the Alam powder.
3. Keep the Gooseberries immersed in this water for about 6 hours.
4. After the time period throw out the water and rinse the Gooseberries with tap water.
5. Then in a bowl add Sugar over them and keep them immersed in this Sugar that will eventually turn into sugar water for about 48 to 60 hours.
6. After that boil the Gooseberries in this water till soft and the sugar water gets evaporated and thick.
7. Then add the spices – Black Salt,Cinnamon ,Black Pepper ,Black Cardamom ,Green Cardamom,Claves
8. We now have got two thread consistency of the Sugar syrupy this means the Murabba is ready.
– Store the Murabba in food grade plastic or glass jar.
– Don’t take out the Murabba with a wet spoon.