Chokha is a popular comfort food originated from Bihar,It’s made using boiled mashed Potatoes and can be made with some variation according to taste.But traditionally its made using boiled mashed potatoes mixed With unsmoked Mustard Oil mixed with Onion and some spices.
* 3 Boiled Potatoes / Aloo
* 2 tbsp Oil
* 1 tsp Cumin seeds / Zeera
* 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds / Rai
* 1 tbsp Curry leaves
* 2-3 Dry Red Chilli
* 1 cup chopped Onion
* 1/2 tsp Ginger & Garlic paste each
* Salt to taste
* 1/4 tsp Turmeric / Haldi
1. Heat Oil in an non stick pan.
2. Add Cumin seeds,Mustard seeds,Curry leaves and Red chilli.
3. Cook for 30 seconds and then add Onion.
4. Sauté the Onions till translucent and then add Ginger Garlic paste.
5. Again sauté for 30 seconds and then add mashed boiled potatoes,Salt and Turmeric.
6. Mix all the ingredients nicely on medium heat till everything is proportionally blended.
7. Put off the stove and let it come down from hot to warm stage.
8. Then taking some portion of this Potato mix make balls out of it,size as per your choice.
9. Serve warm as a side dish with Roti.
– You can make any kind of stuffing or cutlet with this Potato mix.