Simple, healthy and easy to make potatoes and Cauliflower recipe using minimum spices and ingredients. You just need some main ingredients that are Turmeric powder, Cumin seed, Cumin powder, Coriander powder, few cardamons, coriander leaves and fresh ginger.
- Cauliflower 1 Medium Sized
- Potatoes 3 Big to Medium Sized
- Cumin Seeds(Jeera) 1tsp
- Coriander (Dhania)Leaves 1 tbsp
- Shredded Fresh Ginger 1 inch
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder 1 tsp
- Cumin(Jeera) Powder ½ tsp
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Salt 1 tsp (as per taste)
- Garam Masala ½ tsp
- Green cardamom 2
- Black Cardamom 1
- Water 2 Glass
- Heat the oil in a frying pan
- Next add the cut pieces of potatoes into it and fry them till golden brown.
- Take out the fried potatoes in a bowl and keep aside.
- Now add the cauliflower in the pan to fry it till golden brown.
- After the cauliflower gets fried up take it out.
- Now in the remaining oil add ginger, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, Coriander Powder, Cumin Powder, crushed green & black cardamom and garam masala. Sauté the spices for a while. Be careful not to over cook the spices.
- Pour 2 glasses of water to it along with salt.
- Add now the fried potatoes and cauliflower kept aside.
- Cover the pan with the lid and keep on cooking at a medium flame for 7 to 10 min till its soft.
- Take the curry out now and sprinkle with garam masala and coriander leaves to garnish.
- As we are frying the vegetables here, use a frying pan having depth so that potatoes and cauliflower get fried up nicely using less oil/
- Cauliflowers splatter while adding it in oil so be at a bit distance.
- You can test if the oil is hot enough for frying by adding a cumin seed into it; if the cumin seed start crackling and comes up its good to go.
- Pierce the potatoes before frying so that it gets soft inside and absorbs all the spices and salt nicely.
Please do watch the video above.