Aloo pudina sev is a munching snack that is also used for various chaat recipes.Its made with Potatoes and Mint is a main flavouring agent.As it’s fried you can keep it stored in a cool place for even six mounths.
- 2 cup grated boiled Potatoes / Aloo
- 2+1/4 cup Gram flour / Besan
- Salt to taste / Namak swad anusar
- A pinch Asafoetida / Hinge
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Chaat masala
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric / Haldi
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Oil for frying
- 1/2 cup Mint leaves / Pudina
- 2 Chilli / Hari mirch
- 8-10 Garlic cloves / Lasan
- 1 inch Ginger / Adrakh
- 1/2 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1/4 tsp Dry Mint / Pudina
- 1/4 tsp Chaat masala
- In a mixer grinder add chilies, fresh mint leaves, garlic, ginger and salt to make a fine paste.
- Now taking a bowl add to it grated boiled potatoes along with the made chilli paste. We will also add in gram flour, asafoetida, baking powder, chaat masala,Salt, Oil and turmeric powder to form a soft dough.
- Now grease the chakli maker and place a portion of the dough in it.we will be using the perforated attachment to make the Sev.
- Drop the Sev in medium hot Oil and fry till crispy golden over medium heat.Flip with a light hand to fry on both sides.
- Strain out and when still hot sprinkle dry mint powder and chaat masala.
- Don’t add too much of Sev to fry at once otherwise it will clump together.
- Don’t keep the fried Sev over the paper towel for too long ,it will absorb moisture and get soggy.
- You can store the Pudina Sev for a mouth in airtight container.