Make a simple poori more delicious and crispy by adding few spices and ingredients in it.Serve it as a punjabi breakfast with chole.
Ingredients:- ( Serve 4 )
- 2 boiled Potatoes / Aloo
- 2 cup Whole wheat flour / Atta
- Salt to taste / Namak
- 1/2 tsp Sesame seeds / Safad til
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric / Haldi
- 1 tbsp Oil / Tel
- 1/2 tsp Chilli paste / Hari mirch
- 1/2 tsp Carom seeds / Ajwain
- 2 tbsp Semolina / Suji
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh Coriander
- 1/2 cup +1 tbsp Water
- Oil to fry
- In a mixing bowl grate Potatoes.
- Add Flour,Semolina,Salt,Sesame seeds,Turmeric,Oil,Chilli paste,Carom seeds and Coriander.Mix.
- Adding Water little at a time make a stiff dough.Over the dough apply a teaspoon of Oil to keep it moist.
- Keep aside covered 15 minutes.
- Pinch out small lemon size portions from the dough and keep them rolled into small balls.
- Roll out these small balls into about 4 inch flat round cakes ( PURI’s ).To grease use Oil for rolling.You can keep all your Puri’s prior ready before frying.
- Heat Oil in a Kadhai and fry puri’s over medium heat in medium hot Oil.
- After dropping the puri in hot Oil it comes up and puffs within few seconds.Flip and fry on the other side too.When golden on both sides strain out over a paper towel.
- Serve with sabji of your choice.
- By grating we avoid having any lump in the dough.
- Boiled Potatoes already have some amount of moisture,so add Water accordingly.
- Avoid using dry flour while rolling out puri’s,which can make puri hard.
- To make crispy puri’ s after they puff up continue frying over low heat.
- Crispy Puri’s remain puffed up for longer time.
- Don’t fry your puri’ s in too hot Oil they will get instantly burnt.
- If temperature of Oil is not right or Oil is less in your Kadhai,your Puri won’t puff up.
- Don’t over crowd your Kadhai while frying.