Enjoy this simple and easy to make yet gorgeous looking banana cake which has a frosting using simple homemade custard.
- 2 Banana / Kela
- 2 cup Refined flour / Maida
- 2-3 tbsp Milk / Doodh
- 1/2 cup grounded Sugar / Cheeni
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 cup Curd / Dahi
- 1/2 cup Oil / Tel or Butter
- 3.5 cup Milk / Doodh
- 1/4 cup Corn flour
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 20 gm Butter / Makhan
- Pinch Salt / Namak
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Less than pinch yellow food colour
- Beat Butter and Sugar together till smooth and fluffy..
- Next blend in mashed Banana,Milk and Curd.
- Now sift in flour,baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix using cut fold method to make a batter of ribbon consistency.
- Pour the batter in a greased mould lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the cake batter in a preheated oven at 180°C for 45-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Take out the cake mould keep it over a rank, cover with a clean cotton cloth and let it come down to room temperature.
- Cut the dome shape of Cake and make it plane.
- Meanwhile in a pan add corn flour along with half a cup of milk, whisk both of them together to form a slurry.
- Then add the remaining milk, butter, sugar,Colour and Vanilla
- Continuously keep on stirring over a low heat till it gets desirable thick
- Transfer it to a heat safe bowl covered with clingfilm so that no skin is formed and then refrigerate it for an hour.
- Whisk to make the custard smooth and then apply a thick layer over the cake.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving.
- In the custard you can add salted or unsalted butter. If you are adding unsalted butter add a pinch of salt to balance the sweetness of the custard.