This basic yellow rice recipe also known as Taher is a part of Kashmiri cuisine that can be called as a basic of Pulao, this dish can be instantly prepared and tastes awesome. It tastes so very delicious that it can be taken without any side dish. Usually this rice is prepared at times of giving bhog while performing Pujas.
Ingredients:( Serving 2 )
- 2 Cups Basmati Rice
- 4 Cups Water
- 2 tbsp Desi Ghee / Clarified butter or Mustard Oil
- ½ tsp or Salt
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi
- Wash and soak the rice in water for 1 hour.
- Then add Turmeric powder into it..
- Let it cook for 15 min in Microwave at high power.
- After a standing time of 5 min add up the salt and hot Desi Ghee.
- Serve hot with any spicy hot recipe.
- Instead of Turmeric Powder you can add 2 threads of Saffron.
- Originally smoked out hot Mustard oil was used to temper the rice.
- You can add salt before the cooking of rice, but adding salt later on gives a completely different flavor to the recipe.
- Cook the rice covered in the Microwave.
For any further clarification please do watch the video.