Bhatura can be called a very famous Punjabi Indian cuisine that is thicker than a Puri and can be only made using Refined flour / Maid.It is customers served with white Chickpea/ Kabuli chana.
Ingredients:- ( Serves 11 )
* 2 Cup Refined flour / Maida
* 1/2 tsp Salt or Salt to taste
* 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
* 2 tbsp Oil
* 1/4 Cup Curd
1. In a bowl mix Refined flour,Salt,Baking Soda,Oil & Curd all together.
2. Now adding Water little by little make a very soft dough.
3. Cover the dough with damp cloth and let it rest for about 5 hours in a warm place.
4. Make small tennis size portions of the dough and roll it out in a form of thick roti adding few drops of Oil when require while rolling instead of dry flour.
5. Take enough Oil in the Kadhai or Wok ,heat the Oil and then add the Bhaturas to the hot Oil lightly pressing them with a perforated ladle.
6. Fry flipping in between till you see brown spots over them on each side.
7. Serve hot with chola or chana recipe.
– Lightly pressing the Bhaturas will help Bhaturas in swelling up.