In summers of India Lady finger / Bhindi / Okra is a very common vegetable that is eaten on almost daily basis.So no one pays any attention to make it in a exotic way but if by chance guests come over and you don’t have anything special to offer them in lunch or dinner then this is the way you can make your Bhindi.I am sure not only you but they will also love it.
- 500 gm Ladyfinger / Okra / Bhindi
- Salt to taste
- 1 big Onion cut in big pieces
- 3 tbsp Oil / Tel
- 3/4 tsp Cumins / Zeera
- 1/2 tsp Carom / Ajwain
- 2 roughly chopped Onion
- 1 tsp Ginger paste / Adrakh
- 2-3 green Chillies / Hari mirch
- 1/4 tsp Black big Cardamom powder / Elachi
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon powder / Dalchini
- 1 full tsp Red chilli powder / Lal mirch
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric / Haldi
- 1 tsp Dry Fenugreek leaves / Kasoori methi
- 1/2 cup Tomato purée or 2 Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 1 tbsp Vinegar or 1/2 Lemon (Nimbhu) or 1 tsp Mango powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh Coriander / Dhaniya
- Rinse & dry Bhindi.Remove head and tail of Bhindi and if it’s big one cut in two parts and give it a slit.
- In a Kadhai heat about 2 tablespoons of Oil.Fry Bhindi upto 50% adding Salt to taste over medium heat stirring occasionally and then add 1 Onion cut in big chunks.
- Continue frying till Onions translucent and Bhindi soft.Now strain out.
- Again in the Kadhai heat 1 tablespoon Oil.Add Cumin and Carom and let them crackle over low for few seconds.
- Next add 2 roughly chopped Onions.Saute Onions over medium to high stirring I intermittently till golden.
- Drop Ginger paste and Chopped Chilli,stir over a low just for a minute and then add all the spices.
- Continue stirring just for about 30-40 seconds and then add Tomato purée.
- Cook over medium stirring continuously till the Tomato Water gets dry.
- Add the fried Bhindi & Onions,mix adding Vinegar.
- Keep covered to cook over low for 5-6 minutes and then sprinkle mix Garam masala.
- Put off the stove,serve hot with Roti or Paratha.
- You can even keep Tomatoes to cook covered over low for couple of minutes.
- After adding in Garam masala and fresh Coriander put off the stove and keep Bhindi covered for about 5 minutes so that it absorbs the flavour of Ingredients added.