An easy and convenient way to make a cake without using any chocolate powder,all-purpose flour or sugar separately.
- 2 packets Bourbon Chocolate Biscuits ( 150 gm each ) or 1+3/4 cup biscuit powder
- 1 cup Curd
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Handful mix of dry fruits ( Cashews,Almonds & Raisin )
- 2 tsp Nutella or any other chocolate spread or melted chocolate
- Little more milk to make frosting
- Grease your cake mould and then line it with a parchment paper. Also grease the parchment paper and then keep the mould aside.
- Preheat your Kadai covered with a lid over a gas at low heat for 10 minutes keeping a stand in it.
- Now scrape off the cream from all the biscuits and add the biscuits to a mixer jar to grind them into a fine powder.
- Add the grinded biscuits into a bowl including curd and oil mix to form a batter.
- Next gradually drop in milk to get a batter having a ribbon cake batter consistency.
- Finally mix in the baking powder and then transfer into prepared cake mould.
- Keeping the cake mould over the stand in the Kadai which has already been preheated we will bake the cake for 20 minutes over a medium heat and then for 50 to 60 minutes on a low heat or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Next after the cake has been baked take it out keep it on a stand covered with a cotton cloth and let it come down to room temperature. And then the mould the cake removing the paper beneath.
- For the frosting add 2 to 4 tablespoons of milk in the separated cream. To increase the quantity of cream and to help the cream set you can add Nutella in it.
- Mix dry fruits in the made frosting and spread it all over the cake.
- Your cake is ready to cut and serve.
- If you don’t have a butter paper or parchment paper simply grease your cake tin or mould with little oil and then dust with floor.
- If you don’t have a Kadai you can even bake the cake in a pressure cooker.
- If you are not interested in making any cream frosting over the cake you can straightaway grind the biscuits with the cream in it in such case you need not to add any oil in it.
- Total we have used 32 cream biscuits here.
- Added milk and curd should both be at room temperature.
- In the oven you can bake the cake at 180°C for 40 to 45 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Covering the cake with a cloth after it has been baked ensures to get a soft cake top.
- The consistency of the frosting should be neither too thick nor too thin,it should look glossy and be spreadable.
- If you don’t have Nutella or any other chocolate spread or if you even don’t have a chocolate still you can make a frosting by adding about 20-25 gm of butter in the chocolate cream with milk.