Capsicum and Potatoes together make a very tasty Sabzi recipe and here we have tried not to overcook the Capsicum to maintain its nutritional value plus in this method of preparation the Capsicum gets easily digested. Ingredients (Serving 4) :
- 2 Big Size Bell Pepper/ Capsicum / Shimla Mirch
- 10 to 12 Small Potatoes / Aloo
- ¼ tsp Carom Seeds/Ajwain
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds / Jeera
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi
- Salt to Taste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- ½ Cup Chopped Coriander Leaves / Dhania
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice (Optional)
- Green Chilies as per taste (Optional)
- Boil and peel the Potatoes.
- Cut them into big chunks.
- Heat Oil in a frying Pan and when the Oil is hot enough add Carom Seeds and Cumin Seeds into it.
- As the seeds splatter adds Turmeric Powder along with the Potatoes into it.
- Sauté the Potatoes till they are golden brown in color and add salt (Add it very cautiously if you have already added salt while boiling Potatoes.)
- After the Potatoes have turned golden brown in color add the long cut pieces of Capsicum and keep on cooking for another 5 min tossing the Potatoes and Capsicum in the Pan.
- At last add the Garam Masala and Lemon Juice and put of the burner.
- Garnish with Coriander Leaves.
- Serve hot with Paratha, Roti or Bread at lunch or breakfast.
- Cook in a nonstick utensil.
- It’s recommended to cut boiled potatoes in big chucks otherwise they might become mushy while sautéing.
- You can also boil the potatoes in salted water.
- You can use this filing as a Samosa or Sandwich
For any further clarification please do watch the video.