Kurkuri bhindi is a very different style of making masala bhindi fry which can also come in as an appetizer or snack.Lady finger is coated with savory spices and then coated with rice or corn flour to give it a crispy texture and taste.You can even serve it with Paratha or Roti.
* 500 gems Lady finger / Bhindi or Okra
* 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi
* 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder / Lal Mitch
* Salt to taste
* 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhania Powder
* 1/2 Cumin Seeds / Zehra
* 1/2 tsp Carom Seeds / Ajwain
* 1/2 tsp Dry Mango Powder / Aamchoor
* 2 tbsp Rice flour / Chawal ka Atta
* 1 tbsp Gram flour or Chickpea flour / Besan
* Oil for frying
1. Wash and then dry the Bhindi.
2. Cut both the ends and then slit it into two or more thin long pieces depending upon the size.
3. Add and completely coat the Bhindi with all the above spices along with salt.
4. Then add and layer the Bhindi with Rice flour and the Gram flour,slightly crushing it while mixing.
5. Heat the oil and and in the hot oil drop in couple of spoons of coated Bhindi..
6. Fry on a medium heat till golden brown in color.
7. Strain out over a paper towel and serve hot.
* If you like ,you can sprinkle it with chat masala.