Curd rice a comfort food that originated from south is a very soothing recipe specially at time of summers.You can add some spices to make it appealing.
- 1 cup Rice
- 2+1/2 cup Water
- 2-3 cups Curd
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin / Zeera
- 2-3 Dry Red Chillies
- 1/2 tsp Mustard / Rai
- 1 tbsp Curry leaves
- A pinch of Asafoetida / Hing
- Cook rice in soft texture or use leftover rice.
- Add curd and Salt then mix.
- For temper heat Mustard Oil till it smokes out.
- In this drop Mustard,Cumin,Asafoetida,Red chillies and Curry leaves.
- Let it to crackle on low heat for few seconds and then add this temper into our made curd mixed rice.
- Mix again,serve frehsh and hot with pickle and papad.
- Serve freshly made.