Garam masala is a very essential spices of Indian cuisine specially Indian curry.Different regions make it adding species in different proportions,this is the Punjabi style of Garam masala.
Ingredients:- ( Serves 200 gm )
- 5 Star Anise
- 2 Mace / Javitri
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon / Dalchini
- 5 Black cardamom / Badi elachi
- 2 Nutmeg / Jaiphal
- 10-12 Cloves / Loung
- 8-10 Green Cardamom / Hari elachi
- 3 Bayleaves / Tej patta
- 2 tbsp Black pepper / Kali mirch
- 2-3 Dry Red chillies
- 1/2 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1/4 cup Coriander seeds / Dhaniya
- 1 tbsp Fennel seeds / Saunf
- 1/2 cup Cumin seeds / Zeera
- 1 tsp Caraway seeds / Shahi zeera
- 1/2 tbsp Dry Ginger powder / Saunth
- Roast the spices over low heat and only roast 70% of them.
- Let it cool down.
- Grind in mixer grinder to make Garam masala.
- Store in airtight container when Masala is not hot.
- While roasting spices you can touch it in between,if you feel untolerably hot put off the stove.
- Grind the ground spices in batches to put less pressure on grinder and protect spices from getting over heated.