You won’t believe this Indian sweet Mohan thal can be easily made for any festive occasion like Holi,Dewali or Raksha Bandhan at home using Besan that is transformed into a deferent texture spwhich is speciality of 5his this particular sweet. come let’s begin the recipe.
Ingredients:- ( Serves 13 )
- 1 cup Gram flour / Besan
- 3 tbsp Warm Milk / Doodh
- 3 tbsp Ghee / Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar / Cheeni
- 1/3 cup Water / Pani
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder / Elachi
- 1/2 cup Khoya / Mawa
- 1/2 cup Ghee / Butter
- 1 tbsp Cashews / Kaju
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced Almonds / Badam
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced Pistachios / Pista
- To make a dough having small lumps you need to mix milk and ghee in a small vessel and then add this liquid mix to the Gram flour.
- Mix the liquid in the flour rubbing between your fingers to form small lumps.
- Cover and keep this to rest for 30 minutes.
- Let Sugar melt in Water over low till it starts boiling.
- Let the syrup boil 1-2 minutes and then check ( if required recheck ).After dipping your spoon in the syrup wait few seconds till it cools and then take little syrup between your finger and thumb.If it gets 1 string when stretched you have arrived at right consistency.
- Mix in Cardamom powder and put off the stove.
- Next in a heavy bottom vessel heat ghee.
- Add the bowl of dough lumps in it.
- Roast on low stirring continuously breaking lumps to small particles till colour change and aromatic.It can take you 20-25 minutes.
- Add crumbled Khoya continuously stirring keep on roasting for another 5-7 minutes.You will see release of Ghee.
- Add Cashews and half of Pistachios mix.
- Drop in warm Sugar syrup.Mix till it gets thick Halwa type consistency.
- And then drop into a greased tray,mould or a Thali.Level it up giving shape and size.Sprinkle Almonds and remaining Pistachios,give a light press.
- Let it come down to room temperature and then cut into pieces.
- You can line your tray with a parchment paper to easily unmould and cut mithai.
- Over roasting flour can make the mithai hard.