Egg and Potatoes spicy masala curry is a delicious, very different and unique recipe in which the egg and potatoes are fried before cooking. Perfect tasty dish to cook for unexpected guest at home with ingredients:-
- Onion 2 Big Size
- Potatoes 4 Medium Size
- Tomato Puree 2 tbsp
- Hard Boiled Eggs 5
- Oil 4 tbsp for frying
- Cumin Seeds 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Chili Powder 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder 1 ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder 1 ½ tsp
- Fennel Seed Powder 1 tsp
- Ginger & Garlic Paste 2 tsp
- Garam Masala 1 tsp
- Salt 1 ½ tsp or to taste
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves
- Take a frying pan and heat the oil. (Check if the oil is ready for frying by putting a Cumin seed into it; if there is a crackling sound then it can said to be ready)
- When the oil is hot enough ready to fry, put semi round cut pieces of Potatoes into it.
- Fry the Potatoes till they are crispy and golden brown in color. (Pierce the Potatoes before frying)
- Take out the excess oil from the pan.
- Now put the Eggs to fry till the outer layer is golden brown and crispy (Pierce the Eggs before frying)
- Take out the Eggs now and keep aside.
- In the remaining hot oil add Cumin seeds. After they start crackling put onions in the frying pan and fry till golden brown or translucent/.
- Add now ginger & garlic Paste. Sauté for a minute.
- After this now add all the remaining ingredients that are – Cumin Seeds, Chili Powder, Turmeric Powder, Coriander Powder, Fennel Seed Powder, Garam Masala, Tomato Puree and Salt.
- Stir and mix the entire ingredients properly and add 2 glasses of water to make the gravy.
- At last put the fried Potatoes & Eggs in the gravy, cover the pan and put it on medium flame for 10 min to cook.
- After 10 min check your curry and then garnish it with Coriander leaves
- Piercing help better absorption of oil, spices and moisture by the food; thus helps in fast and evenly cooking of food from both inside and outside.
- Don’t boil the Eggs for more than 10 min to avoid its internal chemical reaction that results in blue color.
- Instead of Tomato Puree you can use fresh Tomatoes also.
Please do watch the video above.