Make a delicious lip licking Butterscotch cake McDonald’s style in few simple steps at home.
- 3/4 warm cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 6 tbsp Oil / Tel
- 1/2 cup powdered Sugar / Cheeni
- 2 cup Refined flour / Maida
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coco powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1 cup Milk more
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 250 ml Whipping creamkkk
- About a cup shredded Chocolate
- Some sprinkles
- 1/2 cup / Sugar / Cheeni
- 25 gm Salted Butter
- 100 ml fresh cream
- 4 tbsp Sugar / Cheeni
- 1/2 cup Water / Pani
- In a Kadai keeping a stand cover it up and let it preheat overhead low for about 10 minutes.
- In 3/4 cup warm milk mix vinegar and let it sit aside for a while.
- Now taking a bowl whisk Sugar and Oil together adding vinegar mixed milk.
- Gradually sift and mix all-purpose flour,cocoa powder,Salt,Baking powder and Baking soda.
- To make the Cake batter we will also be requiring Vanilla and 1 cup more of milk.
- Pour the batter in the cake tin lined with greased parchment paper.
- Tap and level and let it bake in a preheated Kadhai for 20 minutes then on low for about 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Take out let the cake sit covered with a cloth until it cools down.
- To make butterscotch syrup,in a pan add Sugar and continuously keep on stirring over low-medium till Sugar melts into a golden syrup.
- Lower the heat making sure Sugar doesn’t burn ,at this point add butter and fresh cream.
- This syrup will come to a boil and you need to keep on boiling it for just a minute then switch it off.
- Whisk the whipping cream till stiff peaks adding about 2 to 3 tablespoons of the made cold butterscotch syrup to it.Frosting is ready.
- Removing paper horizontally slice cake into two halves ,drench first layer with Sugar syrup which is made by boiling Sugar with Water.
- Apply thick layer of frosting,keep second layer pierce it with a toothpick and then again drench with Sugar syrup.
- Now apply frosting all over ,make design,sprinkle shredded chocolate along the border and some coloured sprinkles in between.
- Cake is ready ENJOY !
- We have used 250 ml cup and 6.5 inch Cake mould.
- All ingredients should be at room temperature.
- The Cake batter should be of a ribbon consistency.
- In oven bake at 180°C for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- If you over bake the cake it will become hard.
- Covering the cake with the cloth and ensures that we get a soft cake top.
- Butterscotch syrup will get thicker when it comes down to room temperature and if you refrigerate it for just 10 to 15 minutes it will become much more thicker.
- Drop little frosting on the cake board so that the cake sticks to it.
- Cake is big enough to be made into three layers.
- Every time you level your frosting clean your spatula or the cake scraper.