Any Christmas is incomplete without plum cake ,enjoy this eggless plum cake without wine busting with fruit flavours.
- 5 tbsp Sugar / Cheeni
- 1/2 cup hot water / Garam pani
- 8 tbsp Orange juice / Sangtara juice
- 1/4 cup chopped Cashews / Kaju
- 1/4 cup chopped Almonds / Badam
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Dates / Khajoor
- 1/4 cup green Tutti fruity
- 1/4 cup Raisin / Kishmish
- 1/4 cup chopped Apricot / Khubani
- 1/4 cup chopped Cherry
- Some dry fruits mix for decoration
- 2 cup Refined flour / Maida
- 5 tbsp Oil / tel
- 1/2 cup Sugar / Cheeni
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda / Metha soda
- 1 cup Curd / Dahi
- 1/4 cup Milk if required
- 1 tsp Nutmeg powder / Jaiphal
- 1/4 tsp Cloves powder / Loung
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder / Dalchini
- 1/4 tsp Dry Ginger powder / Saunth
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- To prepare Carmel sauce add sugar to a pan and keep on stirring over low to medium till Sugar melts.
- Continue stirring over low heat till sugar gets little more dark and starts boiling.
- Now immediately add hot water over the melted Sugar.after which you need increase heat to medium-high.
- At this point we will add all the remaining ingredients listed for Caramel syrup.
- Giving it a boil for a minute switch it off.Let it rest for 60-90 minutes.
- Keeping a stand inside preheat pressure cooker or Kadhai over low for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a bowl add Sugar and Oil,beat both together, then add Curd and Milk to it.Properly blend in these four ingredients .
- Gradually sift in and mix Flour along with Baking powder,Baking soda,Nutmeg powder, cinnamon powder, cloves powder, dry ginger powder,vanilla and the made Caramel syrup .
- Pour the made batter in a mould lined and greased with Parchment paper.
- Tap a little to level garnishing with some more dry fruits then keep your cake mould over the stand.
- Bake on medium for 20 minutes then on low for about 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- When it’s done keep the cake covered with a cloth until it comes down to room temperature.
- Demould, remove paper,cut & serve.
- If possible use a heavy bottomed pan to make the caramel sauce which avoids burning of sugar.
- All ingredients should be at room temperature.
- Beating Oil & Sugar together makes Cake fluffy.
- Avoid over mixing the batter.
- We have used 250 ml cup and 6.5 inch Cake mould.
- If you don’t have Parchment paper grease your cake mould and then dust it with little flour before dropping the batter.
- In oven bake at 180°C for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- While baking in pressure cooker do not put on the rubber & whistle.