This is a different an out of box way of making the dessert using a natural form of sugar that is Dates which has in itself lot of minerals and vitamins with added antioxidants.As it’s made using a fibrous fruit it also contains fructose that pure form of sugar found in fruits.
* 300-400 gms Fresh Dates / Khajoor
* 1 Cup Warm Milk
* 1 Cup All-purpose flour / Maida
* 1/4 teaspoon Salt
* 1 teaspoon Baking powder
* 1 cup curd
* 3/4 cup Cocoa powder
* 1 cup Walnut Kernels
* 2 tablespoons Oil or Butter
* 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Keep the Dates soaked in warm milk for about 15 minutes.
2. And then grind them into a paste.
3. Sieve and mix All purpose floor, salt ,Coco Powder and Baking powder altogether into a bowl.
4. Now in a separate bowl add the made Dates paste, Oil or Butter, Vanilla Essence and Curd.Mix well into a smooth batter.
5. After this slowly keep on adding the mix of dry ingredients into it till everything blends properly.
6. Now add the chopped Walnut kernels and keep some aside for garnishing.
7. Drop the made batter into a greased Baking mould and garnish it with remaining chopped Walnut kernels.
8. Bake this over the solo mode of microwave on high power for 5 minutes giving it a standing time of another 5 min.
9. Let it to come down to the room temperature then unmould it and cut it to pieces.
10. Serve it with some chocolate sauce spread over it with your tea or ice cream.
* If the batter is too thick add milk to it to make it dropping consistency and if it’s too much thin add little All purpose flour to it.
* If you want to bake the Brownie in Oven then bake it at 180 degree Celsius starting from 20 minutes.