Make thick creamy fruit custard without using custard powder perfect refreshing dessert for summers.
- 1 Litre Milk / Doodh
- 3 tbsp Sugar / Cheeni
- 2 tbsp Almond powder / Badam
- 1/2 tsp green Cardamom powder / Hari elachi
- 1 tbsp Pistachios powder / Pista powder
- 3 tbsp Corn starch
- Little more Milk
- 1 cup Mango / Aam cubes
- 1 cup Apple / Seab cubes
- 1 cup Litchee pieces
- 1 cup Pomegranate / Anar
- 1 cup Banana / Kela slices
- 1 cup whipped cream ( Optional )
- Take a heavy bottom vessel adding Milk to it.Let Milk come to boil and then put heat to low.
- Add Almond powder,Cardamom powder,Pistachio powder and Sugar.Continue boiling and stirring intermittently for 5-7 minutes.
- Now adding little milk to Corn starch make a slurry. Immediately drop this slurry into the boiling Milk.
- Continue boil and stirring for another couple of minutes till it starts getting thick.
- Check the consistency of thickness as when it cools down it will get more thicker.
- Remove from heat add fresh cream .Continue stirring till made custard cools down to avoid forming layer of cream over it.
- Now in a bowl add all the fruit pieces and over it pour the made custard,quantity as per your choice.
- Mix with a light hand and serve chilled.
- Fruits also release little water so keep the consistency of custard on a thicker side.Avoid adding watery fruits like watermelon.
- Make slurry with milk at normal room temperature.