Modak laddoos,is the most loved sweet of lord Ganeshji offered as Prasad on the auspicious occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi.There are now lots of variations been made of this sweet but nariyal and Gud that is coconut and jaggery most probably remain common.
Ingredients:-( Serve 8 )
* 2 Cups Wheat flour
* 100 gms Jaggery / Gud
* 2 tbsp Water
* 1/2 tsp broken Black Cardamom Seeds / Badi Elachi
* 3 tsp Clarified butter / Desi Ghee
* 1 Cup or 1 medium coconut
* 1 tbsp chopped Cashew nuts
* 1 tsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
Clarified butter / Ghee for frying
1. Add the 1 tsp Clarified Butter to a frying pan
2. Drop the desiccated coconut in it,
3. Add the chopped cashew nuts in it.
4. Sauté on low to medium heat for about 5 min or until you smell the aroma of sauted coconut.
5. Then put of the stove and let it to cool.
6. On the other side melt the jaggery adding water or you can also melt it in microwave.
7. Add this melted jaggery water to knead the flour including Clarified Butter and Black Cardamom into a stiff dough.
8. Keep on kneading for about 5 min till the dough is smooth.
9. Take a lemon size portion of the dough,shape it out in a pan cake or a small roti that is thick inside and thin over the edges.
10. Add the made filling over it.Keep on folding and punching the edges .Last with light hand pull the punched edges up into a cone shape.
11. Fry these made Modaks into the hot Ghee till golden brown.