Ghatte ki sabji is a Rajasthani recipe that is made out of Gram flour added with lots of flavoured spices and herbs.
* 2 cups Gram Flour / Besan
* 1/2 tsp or Salt to taste
* 1/2 tsp Green Chilli Paste
* 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
* 1/2 tsp Cumin Seed Powder / Jeera Powder
* 1/2 tsp Caraway Seeds / Kalonji
* 1 tsp Garlic Paste
* 1 tsp Ginger Paste
* 1 tbsp Oil
* 1 tbsp Curd
* 1 Ltr Water for boiling
* 2 tbsp Oil
* 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Jeera
* 3 Bay Leaves / Taaj Patta
* 3 Medium sized Onions
* 1 pinch Asafoetida / Hing
* 1 tsp Garlic Paste
* 1/2 tsp Ginger Paste
* 1/4 tsp Cinnamon Powder / Dalchini
* 1/4 tsp Green Cardamom Powder / Hari Elachi
* 1 Cup Tomato Puree
* 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder / Lal Mirch
* 1 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldiram
* 1 tsp Dry Fenugreek Leaves / Kasturi Methi
* 1 Cup Curd
* Salt to taste
* 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhandia
For Garnishing the Gravy
* 1/2 tsp Garamond Masala
* 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves
* Slit Green Chilies
1. Mix and knead a firm dough out of all the ingredients listed for Gatte adding water only when required.
2. Take a tennis size ball portion of the dough and roll it into about 6″ long cylindrical roll.
3. With the help of a knife cut the roll into small 1″ size pieces called Gatte
4. Drop the Gatte in boiling water and boil them for about 10 minutes on a medium heat.
5. After this strain the Gatte out of the water but please don’t throw away the water.
6. To make the gravy heat Oil in a Kadai or a Wok and then add Cumin Seeds and let them to crackle.
7. To this now add Bay Leaves and Asafoetida.
8. Sauté the Onions till translucent and then add Garlic-Ginger Paste.
9. After this add Cinnamon,Cardamom, Tomato Purée, Chilli Powder, Turmeric Powder, Dry Fenugreek Leaves, Curd, Salt, Coriander Powder along with the water in which we had boiled the Gatte.
10. Now give this a boil and then drop the Gatte into it.
11. Cover the Kadai with the lid and put the heat to a low.Boil the Gatte for about 10 minuted.
12. Put of the heat and garnish it with some Garamond Masala,Green Coriander Leaves and Green Chilies.
* You can apply little oil over your palms or on the plate while making the rolls.
* Add 1 to 2 cups of boiling hot water to make the absorbed gravy if you are serving the recipe after quite some time of preparing it.