Make Gooseberry murabba without adding Sugar but a more healthy option like Dates
- 500 gm Gooseberry / Amla
- 300 gm Fresh Dates / Khajoor
- 1/4 tsp Green Cardamom / Hari elachi
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon / Dalchini
- 1/4 tsp Dry Ginger powder / Saunth
- 1/4 tsp Black salt / Kala Namak
- 1/4 tsp Pepper / Kali Mirch
- Water / Pani as required
- Take about a litre of water in a big vessel and let it come to a boil.
- Keep the Gooseberries over a perforated tray. And then placed this tray over the boiling water.
- Steam cook the Gooseberries for 8-10 minutes or until soft.
- Now remove and let it come down to room temperature. Split the Goose erries in pieces removing the seed.
- We will take seedless wet Dates and grind them adding about a cup of Water into a paste.
- Add this paste into a heavy bottom vessel adding about 2 cups of more Water..
- Continuously stir over medium heat blending Water with the Dates paste till it comes to a boil.
- When it comes to boil put heat to low and drop in the Amla pieces,Cinnamon,Cardamom,Black salt,Pepper and Ginger powder.
- Now continue boiling over low for about 5 minutes.Then switch it off.
- Before serving keep them as it is covered for about 24 hours to get all the flavours.
- You can even steam cook by using a steamer or a rice cooker.
- In fridge you can store Amla murabba for about a month.