Hummus is a Labanese spread or a dip that can not only go well with Nachos but also Indian Paratha.You can add variety of other ingredients in it as per your choice.This here is a basic Hummus recipe without adding Tahini but we have added the ingredients used for Tahini.
- 1 cup Chickpeas / Kabuli channa
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak or as per taste
- 1 tsp roasted Cumin / Zeera
- 1 tsp roasted Sesame / salad Til
- 3 tbsp Curd / Dahi
- 5-7 tbsp Oil
- 5-6 Garlic cloves / Lasan
- 1 Lemon
- Some Chilli flakes
- 1+1/4 cup Water / Pani
- Soak Chickpeas in 2 cups of Water overnight or for 8 hours.
- Pressure cook for 5 minutes or 5-6 whistles.
- Let it cool down and then add half of them in a mixer grinder or food processor.
- Along with it Add Cumin,Sesame,Curd,two tablespoons Oil,Salt,Garlic cloves,Lemon and 1/4 cup Water .Now grind for a minute
- Next add remaining Chickpeas,3 tablespoons of Oil and about 1 cup Water.
- Grind this into a smooth paste like consistency.
- Store Hummus airtight in freezer and take it out an hour before serving.Finish within a week.
- Chickpeas should be neither too soft nor too mushy after cooking.
- You should have a powerful grinder to grind Chickpeas.