This Masala chai or tea can be considered to be from Gujrati.A sorted blend of spices ideal for winters and good for cough and cold.
Ingredients :- ( Serves 8 )
- 3 Cinnamon sticks / Dalchini
- 5 Cloves / Loung
- 8 Black pepper corn / Kali mirch
- 6 Green cardamom / Hari elachi
- 1 Black cardamom / Badi elachi ( Optional )
- Grind all these ingredients into a powder.
Ingredients :- ( Serves 2 )
- 1/2 inch Ginger / Adrakh
- 3 Basil leaves / Tulsi
- 1+1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Indian tea leaves
- 1/4 Green tea
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tsp Sugar
- To make strong tea in a pan add water and to this add tea,Ginger,hand crushed Green tea and Basil.
- After Water comes to a boil within a minute add milk,Sugar and 1/2 teaspoons chai masala powder.
- Let the tea boil for a minute and then strain it off.
- More thick milk,more tasty tea.
- You can store chai masala in an airtight container.
- If Ginger is not a available you can add dry Ginger powder / Saunth.