Kadai Chloe is an exclusive Punjabi recipe from India.White Chickpeas are soaked and sauted in Ghee or butter with added spices that makes it unresistable .Usually eaten as a high protein heavy breakfast with Indian Bread.
* 500 gms Kabuli Channa / White chickpea
* Salt to taste
* 1 tsp tea or 1 tea bag of Lipton tea
* 3 tbsp melted Ghee
* 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds / Zeera or Jeera
* 2 Medium sized Onions
* 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
* 1/2 tsp Cumin Seed Powder
* 1/4 tsp Black Cardamom Powder
* 1/4 tsp Green Cardamom Powder
* 1/4 tsp Black Pepper Corn Powder
* 1/4 tsp Carom Seeds / Ajwain
* 1 tsp Dry Mango Powder / Aamchoor
* 1/4 tsp Cinnamon Powder
* 1 tbsp Dry Pomegranate Seeds / Anar Dana
* 1 inch piece of Ginger
* 1 tsp Chola Masala
* 3 Slit in center Green Chilies
* 2 Finely Chopped Tomatoes
* 1 tsp Garamond Masala
* 1 tbsp of Chopped Coriander Leaves or Dhania
1. Soak the Kabuli Channa or chola in enough water with added salt for about 8 Hours or over night.
2. Then pressure cook it in enough water for about 10 minutes with the tea bag or tea sack immersed in it.
3. After pressure cooking discard the tea bag and take a Wok or Kadai.
4. To this add Ghee ;when hot add Zeera and let it to crackle”
5. Now drop in finely Chopped Onions.
6. Keep them saluting till transparent and then add the Channa
7. Then add all the above remaining ingredients one by one and keep on sauting the Chola for about 15 to 20 minutes on medium heat.
8. Take out in a serving bowl and garnish with Coriander Leaves.
* For more details please do watch the video.