Karela chips can be made easily at home and they turn out to be crispy.Store them and enjoy anytime freshly homemade.
- 1 cup sliced Bitter gourd / Karela
- 1/2 tsp Mango powder / Amchur
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Red chilli powder / Lal mirch
- 1/2 tsp Cumin / Zeera
- Salt to taste / Namak swad anusar
- 1 tsp Gram flour / Besan
- 1 tsp Corn flour
- 1 tsp Rice flour / Chawal ka atta
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric / Haldi
- Oil to fry / Tel talne ke liya
- After washing off Karela slice in thin slices discarding seeds.
- In a bowl add and mix Mango powder.Red chilli powder,Cumin,Salt,Gram flour,Corn flour,Rice flour and Turmeric..
- Drop in Karela slices and make a thin coating of the spice mix over them.
- Immediately drop in hot Oil to fry.keep on stirring while frying so that the karela slices don’t stick to each other.
- Fry till crispy brown and then strain out.
- Cool and then store in air tight container.
- Fry Karela in small batches to fry – if you fry too many at once they will clump up.
- Avoid keeping fried Karela slices over paper towel for too long which might make them moist and soggy.