Telvur or Telvor is a baked donut shaped round buns with lot of sprinkled white Sesame seeds which gives it a distinct flavour.Its a bakery item that is usually availing in the evening hours from a local baker known as Kandur.These Telvur are crisp outside and soft stretchy from inside.Come let’s make this authentic Kashmiri baked recipe which you can compare with a Turkish bread or American Bagels.
Ingredients:-( Serves 8 )
- 2 cup Refined flour / Maida
- 1 tsp Sugar / Chini
- 1 tsp Dry active Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 3/4 cup hot Water to knead
- Water to boil
- Some Sesame seeds / Safad Till
- Little Milk
- In the flour mix Salt and then making a space in between drop Sugar & Yeast.
- Adding hot Water mix Sugar & Yeast together,then mix this in the flour.
- Adding whole of Water occasionally you will get a sticky dough.
- Drop this dough over a greased kitchen counter,stretch & knead for 5-7 minutes otero until the dough comes together as a smooth ball.
- Put the dough ball in a greased bowl and apply little Oil over it to keep it moist.
- Cover with a plastic wrap to prove for 90 minutes to an hour in a warm place.
- Punch down the dough and divide in eight ball portions With help of your finger give dough balls a donut shape and then again cover these made Telvur donuts with a kitchen towel to prove 30 minutes.
- Add the Telvur donuts to boiling Water and boil just for a minute on each side.
- Strain out and keep to dry each side 5-7 minutes.
- Give a Milk wash and sprinkle Sesame seeds.
- Bake at 220°C for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve hot & fresh .
- Proofing time depends on the weather of your place; if weather is hot it will rake less time & if it’s cold dough will take more time to prove.
- Intermittently we used 1 tbsp of Oil mentioned in the ingredients.
- Boiling helps to get a crisp crust and stretchy texture to Telvur.
- Serve with Kashmiri Kahwa or pink Sheer chai.