Kashmiri cuisine are made usually without using Onion and Garlic and here we make Rajma in a totally different way from the Punjabi Rajma.Do try it out and you are going to love it specially with this winter vegetable which considered to be bitter.
- 500 gm Rajma / Razma
- 1 kg Turnips / Shalgum
- 3 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarso tel
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Dry Ginger powder / Saunth
- 2-4 Dry Red chillies
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hinge
- 2-3 Cloves / Loung
- Rinse and keep Rajma immersed in Water overnight with Salt added.
- Pressure cook for 5 minutes with 2 cups of more Water added till Rajma gets soft..
- Cut Turnip into four big portions.
- In a Kadai heat Oil and after Oil smokes out keeping heat low add Asafoetida.
- Now add the cut Turnip pieces and fry over medium-high stirring occasionally till Turnip starts changing colour.
- In between add Salt and Cloves.
- When the colour of Turnip slightly changes to golden put heat low adding red chilli powder and dry red chillies.
- Mix and then add all mixed ingredients of Kadai in pressure cooker.
- Pressure cook 5 minutes after adding Turnip.
- It’s ready serve hot with Rice.
- Rajma should be soft but not mashy
- Good quality Turnip should be white inside.