It’s a bit oily but super tasty as a snack or make it less oily in a non stick and have it in breakfast.Traditionally made in mustard oil with few spices,you just feel flavour ps bursting in your mouth.We here are making it in authentic way.
- 2 cup Rice Flour / Chawal ka Atta
- Salt to taste
- 1/2-1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Caraway seeds / Shahi Zeera
- 3+1/2 cup Water
- Preferably Mustard Oil / Sarso or any other Oil as much required
- Mix all the above ingredients except Oil into a batter that is neither thick or too thin.
- Over a hot Griddle / Tawa add 2-3 tsp Oil and then pour the made batter with a Ladle in spiral to make a thin cheela.
- Again add 1-2 tsp of Oil over it .
- Flipping the cheela roast on low heat on both sides till crisp and golden brown.
- Serve hot.
- To make soft cheela mix equal quantity Rice flour with Refined flour and roast in same way on medium to high heat keeping an eye.
- It will take you 3-4 min to roast cheela on each side.
- To avoid cheela sticking to your iron griddle,you need to cover your cheela with a lid after you pour the batter over the griddle for about 2-3 min keeping heat on low.