A side dish that can be very refreshing and cool on the stomach in summers
* 500 gms Bottle Gourd / Lauki
* Salt to taste
* 3 Cups Curd
* 1/2 tsp Chilli Paste
* 1/2 tsp Black Cumin Seeds / Shahi Zeera
* 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
1. Peel and shred the Lauki
2. Add salt over it and let it to sit for about half an hour.
3. After that take about 2 cups of water in a vessel and drop the shredded Lauki in the boiling water.
4. Let it to boil for about 5 minutes or till tender and then put off the stove.
5. After the Louki comes down to the room temperature squeeze out the excess water.
6. Add curd to it along with Green Chilli Paste and Black Cumin.
7. Serve chilled garnish with Red Chilli Powder.
– Used the squeezed water as a drink or add it to your vegetable curry.