LITTI is a famous tradition recipe from the Bihar region of India .It can be called as a comfort food of the Bihari community.Its a source of all the savoury flavour of a evening snack yet filling and full of protein plus carbohydrates for that instant energy.
Ingredients:- ( Serve 12)
* 2 cups All purpose flour / Maida
* 1 tsp Baking powder
* 1/2 tsp Salt
* 1/2 tsp Carom seeds / Ajwain
* 2 tbsp Oil
* 3/4 cup Curd / Dahi
* 1 cup Roasted Bengal gram / Sattu
* 1 tsp Dry Mango powder / Aamchur
* 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
* 2-3 Green Chilli paste
* 1/2 tsp Ginger paste / Aadrakh
* 1/2 tsp Mustard / Rai
* Salt to taste
* 1/4 tsp Nigella seeds / Kalonji
* 1/2 tsp Cumin seed powder / Zeera
* 1 tbsp Green Coriander / Dhaniya
* 2 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
1. Mix All purpose flour,Salt,Baking powder,Carom seeds,Curd and Oil all together adding Water little at a time into a soft dough.
2. Keep aside covered till we prepare our filling.
3. Now bring together all the ingredients that are required for filling and again with the help of Water adding it little at a time make a very soft dough.
4. Divide both the dough into equal portions making the All purpose flour portion ball a bit bigger than Roasted Bengal gram flour dough balls.
5. Fill and properly seal the APF dough balls with the Roasted Bengal gram balls.
6. Bake them on 200 degrees Celsius for approximately 20-25 minutes flipping in between.
7. Serve hot as an evening snack with any chutney.