Khakra is a well known lite Gujarati savoury snack recipe.It can be made both plain or along with added spices and kept stored air tight for at least a mounth.Khakra is rolled out into a thin Roti just like papad and roasted over a low heat for some time till it turns crisp.
* 1 1/2 Cup while wheat Flour
* 1/2 Cup Gram Flour / Beasan
* Salt to taste
* 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
* 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
* 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Zeera
* 1/4 tsp Dry Ginger Powder / Sunth
* 1/2 tsp Dry Mango Powder / Aamchoor
* 1/2 Carom Seeds / Ajwain
* 1/4 tsp or a pinch of Asafoetida / Hing
* 1/2 tsp Green Chilli Paste
* 1 tbsp Dry Fenugreek Leaves / Kasuri Methi
* 3 tbsp Oil
* Milk as much required
1. Add and mix up all the above ingredients in a bowl.
2. Knead and make it into a stiff dough adding as much Milk required.
3. Keep the dough covered to rest for about 20 minutes.
4. Now cut out and take.small portions of the dough rolling them into balls.
5. Spread out the balls into a thin roti.
6. Drop them over a hot Girdle / Tawa.and roast it on a low heat on both sides adding few drops of oil.
7. Keep on pressing the Khakra Roti with the help of a small bowl ( Katori ) all around.
8. It will take you about 5 to 6 minutes to make each Khakra.
* Keep some dry Flour aside,you might require it for dusting while rolling out the Khakra rotis.
* If the dough sticks to your hand apply a little Oil over your palms.
* If you want to avoid excess oil ,don’t add any oil while roasting the Khakra.
* In the Roti maker it will take you about 30 seconds to a minute to prepare each Khakra.
For more details please watch the video.