This is a very famous and easy sweet Mithai or dessert to make.The Mithai originated it’s name from the place of lord Krishna Mathura.
* 2 tbsp Clarified Butter/ Desi Ghee
* 2 cups Heavy Cream
* 2 cups or 250 gm Milk powder
* 1/2 tsp Green Cardamom / Elachi powder
* 1/2 cup Milk
1. Mix Clarified butter,Heavy Cream and Milk powder together in a Heavy bottomed pan.
2. Switch on the stove keeping it on low to medium and continuously stirring the mix till it changes colour and starts getting thick.
3. Add Cardamom powder,continue stirring it
4. When the mix gets brown and crumbled add milk in it .Make sure there are no lumps and the mix is smooth.
5. Then continue stirring it till it starts getting into a thick mass or starts leaving sides.
6. Now after sometime you will notice the mix will turn into a soft dough.
7. When this dough is still warm but not hot start making small soft balls out of it making a dent with your thumb in the centre.
8. Place a cashew in between the dent and your Pedas are ready to serve.
– Cream and Milk powder already has Sugar that’s why we have not added Sugar.If you are using plain Khoya / Mawa add 3/4 cup Sugar.
– If you make the mix too thick then your Pedas will become stiff.