Chimichanga is a Mexican recipe made by baking the tortillas with a savoury filling in it.Tortillas are same as Indian rotis or round parathas.Ware oroaring here an Indian type filling.
* 2 tbsp Oil
* 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Zeera
* 1 Onion
* 1 Cup Cauliflower florets
* Salt to taste
* 1 Carrot
* 1/2 Cup Peas
* 1 Capsicum
* 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi
* 1/2 tsp Chaat Masala ( Optional )
* 1/2 tsp Dry Mango Powder / Aamchoor
* 100 gms Cottage Cheese / Paneer
* 1/2 tsp Garlic Paste
* 1/2 tsp Ginger Paste
* 1/2 tsp Green Chilli Paste or as per your taste
* 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
* 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
* 1 tbsp Green Coriander leaves
* 2 Cups All purpose flour / Maida
* Salt to taste
* 1/2 tsp coarsely ground Black Pepper / Kali Mirch
* 1/2 tsp Nigella Seeds / Kalonji
* 3 tbsp Oil
* Water for kneading
1. In the hot oil add Zeera and let it to crackle.
2. To it then add Onion, Cauliflower.
3. Within few minutes of sauting sprinkle some water to make the Cauliflower tender..
4. Add salt to taste and now cover the vessel and keep to to cook on a low heat for about 2 minutes.
5. After this again removing the lid keep the heat to high and add finely chopped Carrot, Peas, chopped Capsicum, Turmeric Powder,Chaat Masala, Dry Mango Powder
6. Sauting all this for about 5 minutes, now add cottage Cheese to it.
7. Add Garlic paste, Ginger paste, Green Chilli Paste, Coriander Powder along with Garam Masala to it and mix well.
8. Keep it covered and let it to cook on low heat for about 10 min.
9. Sabzi or the filling for the Tortillas is ready sprinkle it with fresh Coriander Leaves and let it to come down to the room temperature.
10. For the Tortillas or the rotis mix All purpose flour, Salt, Pepper ,Nigella and Oil together.
11. Adding water to it as per required make a soft dough,
12. Keep it covered and let it to set for about half an hour.
13. After that taking big lemon size portion of the dough spread it into a 8 inch diameter soft and thin roti.
14. Bake it over a griddle or a tawa for about 20 seconds.You can even bake it only on one side on which the filling will be placed.
15. Now fill in the sabzi in rotis then fold and close the rotis in any way as you like.Seal it using a toothpick.
16. Placing them in baking dish brush the made chimichangas with Olive Oil to get that golden crust.
17. Bake it for 25 minutes on 200 degree Celsius.
18. SERVE hot and enjoy with any kind of sauce.
* You can keep the Tortillas or the rotis stored in a ziplock bag in the refrigerator for about a week but warm them up before using them for filling.
* You can also make the rotis of square shape.
* Add little grated cheese with the filling to add some extra taste and calories for kids.
* If you don’t want to use toothpick keep the closed portion upside down and it will automatically get closed after baking.