A very popularbakery dish of India,loved by all as anytime snack is a bun stuffed with spicy potatoes. Conventionally prepared in bakeries, we have tried to make it at home in microwave on the request of our loved followers. It turned out very well but not exactly same as we get in bakeries.
Ingredients:(Serving 12 pieces)
- 2 Cups Allpurpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tsp DryActive Yeast OR 1 tsp Instant Yeast
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 Cup Milk
- 6 Medium sized Boiled Potatoes
- ½ Cup Fresh boiled or Frosted Peas
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Crushed Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Coriander Seeds
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Dry Mango Powder / Amchoor
- Dissolve dry active Yeast in ½ a cup of lukewarm water adding sugar and keep to rest for about 10 min.( It will foam up )
- Now make a soft dough adding the foamed up Yeast, Salt, Oil, lukewarm Milk and Maida.( You can add water only when required in small quantity, to make the dough more soft. Add as much of water as the Flour can absorb). Keep on kneading for about 15 to 20 min.
- Keep the dough to rest covered for about 4 hours in a warm place.
- For the Potato filling, take a bowl, add and mix all the ingredients in it along with boiled mashed Potatoes and frozen or boiled fresh peas.
- Microwave it to cook covered on high power for about 8 to 10 min stirring in between.
- Let the filling to cool down and then fill it up in small dough balls.
- Keep these stuffed balls over a greased and flour coated plate at a little distance to each other.
- Cover the plate and keep in a warm place for about 4 hours.
- The buns will get double in size to what they were earlier.
- Now microwave them on 300 power for 10 min.(Pierce to find out if they are well baked)
- To get a golden crust and a crunchy flavor , you can roast your buns in toaster after baking them in microwave.
For any further clarification please do watch the video.