This recipe of Karela in Microwave is a very easy to make, healthy and tasty recipe made in a minimum time period of with half hour with less oil and spices.
Ingredients: (Serving 4)
- 500 gms Bitter Gourd/Bitter Melon (Karela)
- 1 Big Size Potato
- 2 Finely Chopped Medium Sized Onions
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 ½ tsp crushed Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- At first wash the Karela properly
- Cut into thin slices without removing the outer skin.
- Remove any hard seeds if found.
- Mix up all the ingredients in a bowl now- Bitter Gourd, Small cut pieces of Potato, Onion, Sugar, Crushed Cumin Seeds in a Mortar, Coriander Powder, Turmeric Powder, Tomato Puree, Oil and Salt
- Cover up the bowl now and Microwave it at high power for 15 min stirring once after 7 min.
- After 15 min are over give the dish a standing time of 5 min.
- Take it out and sprinkle a bit of Garam Masala.
- Serve with Roti, Paratha or Bread.
- While cooking in a Microwave always cover your bowl so that the food retains its moisture and gets up cooked fast.
- Don’t use too big bowl for cooking as it will take much time for the food to cook.