Moong dal halwa is a traditional and authentic Indian dessert recipe.
* 1 cup Split Green gram / Dhula Moong
* 1/2 – 1 cup Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
* 1/4 – 1/2 cup Sugar
* 1 cup Milk
* 1 cup Water
* 1/2 tsp Green Cardamom / Elachi
* 1/4 cup Dry fruits
1. Soak Dal in 2 cups of Water for about 3 hrs and then grind it into a coarser batter.
2. Add Ghee into a non stick pan and then add the made batter.
3. Keep on stirring on medium till the water evaporates.It might take you around 10 minutes and then add Milk,Sugar,Water and Cardamom.
4. Continue stirring again till the water dries and the halwa starts leaving sides.
5. Add dry fruits,mix and put off the stove.
6. Garnish with some more dry fruits when serving.
– Serve hot
– Do not over dry the Halwa.