Waffles can be called designer pancakes that are crispy from outside but soft from inside.We are making waffles here in Indian style without egg,come let’s enjoy them in breakfast or as a kids snack.
Ingredients:- ( Serve 5 )
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour / Atta
- 1/2 cup Semolina / Suji
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda OR 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin / Zeera
- 1/2 tsp Nigella / Kalonji
- 4 cup Water / Pani
- 1 tbsp Oil or Butter
- 1/2 tsp Chilli paste
- 1 finely chopped Onion
- 1 cup Green gram sprouts / Moong dal
- Mix in all the ingredients in a bowl adding 3 cups of Water little by little to make a batter neither too thick or too thin.
- Let the batter rest for about 30 minutes.
- Add 1 cup more water and mix.
- Make Waffles according to instructions of Waffle maker.It will take 5-7 minutes.
- Serve hot with a dash of Honey or Butter.
- If you don’t have waffle maker ,you can make pancakes over gas top.
- Either mix whole of the sprouts in batter or add half keeping other half to sprinkle on top before baking.
- Thick batter makes soft waffles and thin batter will make more crisp light waffles.