Mushroom biryani made at home using freshly available spices in a tasty and easy way.Its no less than the biryani made at restaurants.
Ingredients:- ( Serve 3 )
- 2 cup Basmati rice
- 300 gm Button mushrooms
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 2 Onion
- 1 tsp Ginger paste / Adrakh
- 1 tsp Garlic 0paste / Lasan
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Chilli paste
- 1 tsp Caraway seeds / Shahi zeera
- 1/4 tsp Black cardamom / Badi Elachi
- 1/4 tsp Green cardamom / Hari Elachi
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric / Haldi
- 3 strands Mace / Javitri
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder / Zeera powder
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder / Dalchini
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/4 tsp Cloves powder
- 2 Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 1+1/2 tbsp Dry Fenugreek / Kasoori methi
- 1 tbsp Dry or Fresh finely chopped Mint leaves / Pudena
- 1/2 cup Curd / Dahi
- 1 tsp Screwpine or Pandanus water Kevda Jal
- 5 cup Water
- 1 Anistar / Chakra Phoolan
- 3 Bayleaves / Taaj patta
- 1 tsp Salt
- Rinse rice couple of times and keep it soaked in 2 cup Water for about an hour.
- Also rinse couple of times in warm water and then cut them into half.
- In a pressure cooker heat 2 tablespoons of ghee and then add chopped Onions.Sauté till translucent over medium.
- And then add Ginger-Garlic paste,continue sauting over low for just 30 seconds.
- Next drop in Mushrooms,sauté over medium for about 5 minutes adding Salt.
- Now keeping heat to low add all the spices.Roast for about 30 seconds.
- Add chopped Tomatoes and cook over medium to high heat till Tomatoes turn tender.
- Next we are going to add Fenugreek leaves and Mint leaves.Continue sauting over low for about 30 seconds.
- Add curd over low heat and let it cook for couple of minutes before putting off the stove.
- On the other side to cook rice,boil 3 cups of Water adding all the ingredients.
- Then add the soaked rice and let it cook till you are able to brake rice between your two fingers but it feels still raw.
- Now at this point strain out the water and spread the rice.
- Add it into the made mushroom masala.Mix with a light hand and then add a tablespoon of ghee along with screwpine water.
- Close the pressure cooker and cook it for about 30 minutes over medium-high heat making a Bain Marie.
- When your rice gets soft,your Biryani is ready.
- Instead of Bain Marie, keep pressure cooker over a Tawa / Griddle and cook over low-medium for 10-15 minutes.
- Using Bain Marie method you are suppose to add more water in the water filled vessel,as it might get evaporated while cooking.