- 1 Cup Ghee / Butter
- 1+3/4 Cup Castor Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Semolina / suji
- 2+1/2 Cup All purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup Curd / Yoghurt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp green Cardamom Powder / Hari Elachi
- Mix all the above ingredients to form a stiff dough.
- Then cover it and keep it to rest for about half an hour.
- Now take small portions of the dough and shape cookies out of it.
- You can bake these Nankhatai that’s Indian cookies over a gas.( To know how to bake over gas please see the video above)
- You can bake the Nankhatai in regular oven at 180 degree Celsius for about 20 -25 minutes.
- You can store the Nankhatai for about a month in an air tight container.