After Samosa the second most popular evening snack of India known as Mathri in north India.
* 1 cup Refined flour / Maida
* 1/2 tsp Nigella / Kalonji
* 1/2 tsp Pepper / Kali mirch
* Salt to taste
* 2 tbsp Oil
* Oil or Ghee for frying
* 1 tbsp Vegetables Oil / Dalda
* 1 tbsp Refined Flour / Maida
1. In Refined flour mix Kalonji,coarsely crushed Pepper,Salt and Oil
2. Adding Water little at a time make a stiff dough.
3. Now make a paste by mixing Refined flour with vegetable oil
4. Roll out the dough into a big sheet or roti and apply the made paste all over it.
5. After that roll the sheet And cut in equal portions.
6. Next taking one of the portion roll it out into a thin roti applying paste over it.Then sprinkle a little amount of dry flour over it.
7. Fold the roti again apply paste sprinkling dry flour.We need to give it a triangular fold.
8. Roll it out with a lite hand to a desired size.
9. Now make small cuts in it with a knife.
10. Fry in hot Ghee or Oil till golden brown and crispy.
– Cuts in the Nimki ensures it doesn’t puff up and gets fried properly.
– You can even bake them.
– Baked Nimki can be stored airtight for a month in cool place.