The happiness of making and serving pure home made jam is something that can’t be explained in words for a food lover.
Ingredients:- ( 300 gms )
* 1 kg Oranges
* 1 Litre Water
* 1 Cup Sugar
* 2 tsp Lemon juice
1. Cut the Oranges into half and then squeeze the juice of Oranges with the help of a citrus juicer,
2. Scrape the white inner portion of one of the Orange peel and cut it into long thin strips.
3. Tie the Seeds,scraped white inner portion of the Orange peel and membrane left after squeezing into a muslin cloth in form of a small sack.
4. Now in a vessel take Water ,Orange juice, sliced Orange peel and the made sack .Let this to boil.
5. After it starts boiling lower the heat and let it to boil for an hour.
6. After an hour put off the heat and let it to cool down and then squeeze out the sack from the liquid.
7. Now add sugar and lemon juice to it and keep on boiling ( takes approximately 20 min ) till it gets as much thick that when we drop a teaspoons of it on a cold plate it doesn’t slide down easily after it cools down.
8. Cool down and store in sterilised bottle.
* Oranges should be sweet and smooth in texture.