You must have enjoyed Paneer butter masala or paneer makhani in restaurants or dhaba several times.But here we will create same aroma and flavour at home.
Ingredients:- ( Serve 4 )
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 Dry Red chillies
- 2 Cloves / Loung
- 2 Bayleaves / Taej patti
- 1 tsp Roasted Coriander seeds / Dhaniya
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon powder / Dalchini
- 1/4 tsp Green cardamom powder / Hari elachi
- 1/4 cup Cashews / Kaju
- 1/4 tsp Pepper / Kali mirch
- 1 Onion
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 2 Tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Coriander powder / Dhaniya
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 250 gm Cottage cheese / Paneer
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 -2 tbsp Fresh cream
- 1 tsp Dry Fenugreek leaves / Kasoori methi
- Heat butter and Oil together .In this add Dry Red chillies,Bayleaves,Cloves and Coriander seeds.
- Roast for 30 seconds over medium heat and then add Cinnamon,Cardamom,Pepper and Cashews.
- Continue roasting for another 30 seconds.
- Add chopped Onion,Garlic paste and Ginger paste.Sauté for just couple of minutes and then add chopped Tomatoes.
- Add Salt,Red chilli powder and Coriander powder.Let the Tomatoes cook till they get tender .
- Grind this masala to a paste adding little water if required.
- For gravy Now in a Kadhai add butter and Oil.Then add the made masala paste.
- Continuously keep on stirring & Cooking the paste for about 2 minutes over medium.
- Add a cup of water then smoothen the paste.Drop in Paneer cubes along with required Salt.
- Next let the gravy come to a boil.Put on the lid and let it cook over low for about 10 min.
- Put of the stove and add fresh cream.
- Serve hot with Naan and garnish with fresh cream and dry Fenugreek leaves.
- Add cream after putting off the stove below to avoid cream getting curdled.