Paneer Samosa is a new way of making age old Aloo Samosa specially for those who want to avoid Potatoes or want some kind of change and innovation in their traditional snack.
* 2 Cups All Purpose Flour / Maida
* Salt to taste
* 1/2 tsp Nigella / Kalonji
* 1/4 Coarsely ground Black Pepper / Kali March
* 2 tbsp Oil or Ghee
* 1 tbsp Oil
* 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Zeera
* 1/2 tsp Coriander Seeds / Dhania
* 1/2 tsp Carom Seeds / Ajwain
* 1/2 tsp Ginger Paste / Adrain
* Green Chilli Paste as per taste
* 1/2 Green Peas
* 150 gms Cottage Cheese / Paneer
* 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi
* 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
* Salt to taste
* 1/2 tsp Dry Mango Powder / Aamchoor
* 1 tbsp Chopped Green Coriander Leaves
1. Mix Maida, salt, Kalonji, Kali March and Ghee all together till it turns bread crumbs and then adding Water little by little make it into a firm dough.
2. Keep the dough covered aside for about 10 min.
3. Meanwhile to prepare the filling – in the hot Oil drop in Cumin Seeds, Coriander Seeds, Carom Seeds and let them to crackle ,
4. Add the rest of the above ingredients one by one and keep sautéing for about 5 min or till you see all the moisture is evaporated from the mix.
5. Nw take a small lemon sized portion of the dough and roll it out in the shape of a roti.
6. Cut the Roti into two halves and then drop a spoon full of the filling on each portion .
7. Fold and seal it in the shape of a cone with the help of water.
8. Now take some Oil in a frying pan and fry these made Samosas on a low to medium heat till they turn golden brown in color.
9. Strain them out over a paper towel and serve hot with Coriander or Tamarind Chutney.
* The Oil for frying the Samosas must not be too smoky hot.