Cheeseling are those fried cheese foodies which you can also love as baked.And why buy them as a packaged food loaded With preservatives when you can make cheeseling lite Crispy fried biscuits easily at home.
- 1 cup Refined flour / Maida
- 3 tbsp or 60 gm Butter / Makhan
- 3 Cheese cubes or 60 gm Cheese
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Pepper / Kali mirch
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder / Pyaz powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1/4 cup Milk / Doodh
- Oil to fry
- In the flour rub mix Cheese and Butter which should be at room temperature along with Salt ,Pepper Baking soda and Onion powder.
- Knead the flour into a stiff dough adding Milk.
- Keep the dough covered aside to rest 15-20 minutes.
- Take small portions of dough to roll out into thin 1/2 cm sheet.
- Cut into squares and keep ready to fry in hot Oil.
- Fry over low-medium heat till just golden.
- While working on one piece of dough keep rest covered aside.
- Rolled out sheet should neither be too thin nor too thick.If it will be too thin Cheeselings won’t puff up and if too thick they will come out soft.
- To puff up Cheeselings in Oil you can try two techniques-First add the Cheeselings to hot Oil and when they puff up lower the temperature or put the Cheeselings in cold Oil and let them slowly puff up.In both cases don’t over fry to make them dark in colour.
- To fry Cheeselings it will take 30-60 seconds.
- If you strain out the Cheeselings over paper towel don’t keep it there for too long otherwise this might make them soggy.
- You can bake Cheeselings at 180°C 10-12 minutes or fry them halfway and then bake to keep them crisp for long.