An innovative way of making instant Medhu Vada ,same as it is soft from inside and crispy from outside but with a twist of ingredients.
* 2 Cups Samolina / Sufi
* Salt to taste
* 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Zeera
* 1/2 tsp Nigella Seeds / Kalonji
* 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai
* Green Chilli Paste as per your taste
* 1/2 tsp Ginger Paste / Adrakh
* 1 tbsp Curry Leaves
* 1 Onion finely Chopped
* 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi
* 1/4 tsp Baking Soda / Metha Soda or Edible Soda
* 1/2 Cup Curd
* Oil for Frying
1. Mix all the above ingredients except Oil in a bowl to make a soft dough.
2. Keep this aside covered for about half an hour.
3. Then take small portions of the dough and press it between your palms to make it slightly flat.
4. Now with the help of your finger or thumb make a small hole in it and then drop it in the hot Oil for deep frying.
5. Make and fry all in the same way till golden brown .
6. Strain out and serve with Chutneys of your choice.
* Apply water or Oil over your palms so that the dough doesn’t stick.
* Also grease your plate if you are keeping the dough over it.
* Fry on a medium heat so that the vadas are fried properly both inside and outside.