Rajma or Red kidney beans is a very famous lentil curry that is made very rich .This recipe is actually considered as a Punjabi recipe but is made and relished all over India.This is one of the recipe that is although made quite often made in every vegetarian household because it’s rich in protein but still it is the choice preparation even in marriage parties or get together meals.
* 500 gems Kidney beans / Rajma
* 1/2 tsp Baking Soda / Edible Soda
* Salt to taste.
* 2 tbsp Oil
* 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Jeera
* 1/2 tsp Carom Seeds / Ajwain
* 1 tsp Ginger Paste / Adrakh
* 1 tsp Garlic Paste / Lehsun
* 2 Chopped Green Chilies
* 3 Big Tomatoes
* 1 tsp Red Chili Powder / Lal Mirch
* 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi
* 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhania
* 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
* 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves
* 20 gems Butter
1. Keep the Rajma immersed in water overnight or for 8 hours in lukewarm water adding soda and salt to it.
2. After this pressure cook the Rajma for adding little more water for about 30 minutes on medium to high heat.
3. Meanwhile prepare the tempering or the Tadka, for this heat the Oil and to it add the Cumin Seeds along with Carom Seeds.
4. As the Seeds start crackling in the hot oil put the heat to a low and within few seconds add the chopped Onions to it.
5. As the Onions start getting golden brown in color add the Garlic & Ginger Paste to it.
6. Now after the Onions are nice golden brown in color add the chopped tomatoes to it and cook them until tender.
7. Meanwhile add Red Chili Powder, Turmeric Powder and Coriander Powder to it Keep on cooking till tomatoes get tender.
8. Now take a look at the Rajma and add the made tempering to it along with a glass of water.
9. Pressure cook the Rajma again for about 10 minutes.
10. Serve hot along with Rice, garnished with Coriander Leaves and Butter.